It has been two and a half months since I started The World on my Necklace and I have been nominated for my second blogging award! Like the Liebster Award, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award was created to celebrate new bloggers. You are asked to share a few facts about yourself then nominate fellow bloggers that you find inspiring.
Although it has been hard work and very time consuming, I have loved my blogging experience so far. Writing about my travel experiences and sharing my tips with you has been extremely rewarding and the supportive comments I have received from my readers and fellow travel bloggers has made it all worth it.
Nikki Vargas from The Pin the Map Project kindly nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Nikki & her fiance are planning to leave New York in 2016 to travel the world. Nikki writes about budget travel, trip planning and aims to inspire readers to stop day dreaming & start living their lives – one pin at a time. Thanks for the nomination Nikki! It means a lot to me.
Here are the rules of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the award image and rules to your page.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it.
Here are seven facts about me that you probably didn’t know:
- My favourite animals are goats, cats and otters
- My first full time job was as a Receptionist at a Haunted Hotel in Waitomo, New Zealand.
- My Dad has traced our family tree back nearly one thousand years to William the Conqueror, he is my very distant blood relative!
- I have an irrational hate of sneezing. Every time I hear someone sneeze I feel a pang of anger. Don’t know why, it’s weird (my own sneezes annoy me just as much)
- I have never lived in a place for longer than five years. I think this is one of the reasons that I love moving around now, I am used to it.
- I can move my ears and can even move one at a time.
- I grew up from the ages of 5 – 9 years old in a Boarding House/Private Hotel that my family owned. We had the entire upstairs and the downstairs was where the boarders lived. My best friends at the Hotel were an old man who refused to use a rubbish bin, preferring instead to throw his rubbish out the window, and a man that went to jail for Manslaughter after accidentally killing someone while defending himself in a bar brawl. There were definitely a few interesting characters living there.
I would like to nominate these newbie bloggers for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I wanted to only nominate blogs that I genuinely am inspired by and unfortunately there aren’t fifteen new blogs that I follow on a regular basis, only five. These bloggers are very talented and their stories engaging. I’m sure they will be successful in their blogging careers.
A Southern Gypsy
The Unsettled Meliorist
A Brit and a Southerner
A Passion and a Passport